With Thanksgiving just a few short weeks away, now is the perfect time to make sure your kitchen is in perfect shape before hosting a big dinner party! Below I put together a simple Thanksgiving checklist to use as your guide when prepping your kitchen for the holidays. From cleaning, to repairs, to organization – complete the items on this list and you’ll be ready to host!
CLEAN THE KITCHEN
- CLEAN APPLIANCES – (fridge, microwave, stove, oven, dishwasher) – starting with a clean kitchen will make cooking less stressful, and cleanup less daunting
- CLEAN YOUR SINK & DRAIN
- WASH SERVING DISHES
REPAIR YOUR TOOLS
- SHARPEN KNIVES – if you don’t own a knife sharpener, Sur la Table is offering a deal right now where they’ll sharpen your first knife for free and additional knives for $5 each (offer is advertised to end 11/23)!
- TEST OVEN TEMPERATURE – if you don’t know how to do this, CNET posted a good article with step-by-step instructions but all you need is an oven thermometer to get started.
- TEST & REPAIR APPLIANCES – (dishwasher, garbage disposal, oven, etc.) have you been ignoring a broken dishwasher rack or a weak garbage disposal? It’s best to address these issues now before you put them to the test on Thanksgiving!
ORGANIZE AHEAD OF TIME
- CLEAN OUT THE PANTRY – sort through old spices and baking ingredients, then make a list to replace necessary ingredients.
- PLAN FOR LEFTOVERS – (storage containers, etc.) glass sets are great for storing leftovers at home, and if you want to send guests home with extra helpings, encourage them to bring containers as well!
- ORGANIZE YOUR RECIPES – this will help you determine your food prep schedule ahead of time so you aren’t a complete slave to your kitchen the entire day of Thanksgiving!
- SET THE TABLE – do this the day before (or a few days before…) the big event. That makes one less thing to worry about the day of!
- PREPARE A CLEANING KIT – prepare necessary cleaning supplies for after dinner cleanup (i.e. trash bags, cleaning cloths, cleaning solutions).
Like what you see?
Subscribe and receive a PDF copy of my daily cleaning checklist + weekly tips on how to live a cleaner life!