By now the fact that coconut oil is great for cooking at high temperatures, popular to add to coffee and smoothies (healthy fat/energy booster/natural sweetener), and that it’s a great replacement for less healthy oils when cooking and baking is all OLD NEWS… but clever uses for coconut oil exist far beyond the kitchen.
Don’t worry, I’m not just going to tell you that it works great as lotion (haven’t we all tried that by now? #oilyjeans…).
(side note: I do use a little coconut oil in my much preferred DIY body butter recipe – better absorption into my skin, less into my denim!).
No, today I am sharing my tried and true tested use cases for coconut oil that extend beyond the obvious. I’ll also be sharing some use cases that I have yet to try that intrigue me, and a few that I have tried and don’t recommend…
If you don’t need any convincing and just want to know which coconut oil brands I’d recommend, here you go:
- Viva Naturals – my personal favorite!
- Nutiva – great bulk buy option!
- Betterbody – I have been using and enjoying this brand most recently
- Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value – great if you prefer glass packaging
- Trader Joe’s – slightly more affordable glass packaging option