Sustainability-Focused Last Minute Gifts via Amazon Prime
If you’re on the hunt for SUPER last minute gifts but you want to stay as aligned with your eco-friendly ethos as possible, here is a list of ideas that might be helpful. Order today and you will receive any of the items on this list before Christmas!
With that said, my favorite eco-friendly gifts are not physical gifts at all. Think experiences: tickets to a show, passes to the Zoo, gift cards to the spa, and more. If you want a list of truly zero waste gift ideas that you can still purchase (or create!) in time for Christmas look no further.
But if you’re on the hunt for physical gifts that you can wrap and deliver (and if you’re an Amazon Prime member!), keep reading for a handful of sustainable-ish last minute gifts.
- Boos Block Chopping Board – I know my husband would be PUMPED to receive one of these. It’s definitely an investment, but any home chef would love one.
- Boos Block Wood Oil – If you gift a nice cutting board (Boos block or otherwise), it’s a nice idea to include the proper tools for the recipient to keep it in great shape.
- Countertop Stainless Steel Compost Bin – This is something I have been considering purchasing for myself! I think it would make a nice gift for your eco-conscious friend (who also has some extra counter space…)
- Bamboo Dish Drying Rack – If you know someone with a dingy old plastic dish drying rack, it might be nice to offer them a pretty (and compostable!) alternative.
- Organic Bamboo Cooking Utensils Set – Replace plastic spoons with pretty bamboo ones! We have used our bamboo cooking utensils for years and absolutely love them.
- Beeswax Candles – I burn beeswax candles in our home because it’s one of the safest types of candles to burn. Learn more about the dangers of scented candles.
- Iron Taper Candle Holder – I feel so inspired by @alysonsimplygrows and the taper candles in her cozy home. I think they’d make a really nice gift alongside a few candle holders.
- Green Glass Taper Candle Holder
- Eco Friendly Card Deck – We love card games in our family! I think that a deck of cards makes for a really nice gift, especially if you follow up with plans for a game night.
- Silk Dental Floss – My mom used to include floss and toothbrushes in our stockings, silk dental floss is a more eco-friendly alternative to the conventional brands.
- Bamboo Toothbrushes – Bamboo toothbrushes are not only more eco-friendly than plastic options, they are prettier too!
- Minimalist Ceramic Toothbrush Holder – A pretty place to store a new bamboo toothbrush next to the sink.
- Hand Soaps – I love using bar soaps in our home! Send with a pretty soap dish to complete the gift.
- Reusable Eye Makeup Remover Pads
- Jute Plant Pot
- Grey Terracotta Plant Pot
- Minimalist Ceramic Plant Pot
- Macrame Hanging Planter – If you know someone into hanging plants (a la the Jungalow), these macrame hangers might be perfect.
- How to Grow More Vegetables – Know someone who is curious about greening their thumb in 2020? This book could be a great guide!
- Wild At Home – A book about taking care of houseplants.
- How to Houseplant – Another cute book about houseplants.
- Kids Bamboo Toothbrush Set – These come in a pack with 4 different (subtle) colors so if you have multiple kids, they know whose brush is whose!
- Cleaning Toys – A number of child-sized cleaning toys almost all available via Amazon Prime, my 18 month old son’s favorite toys seriously are his cleaning toys… Like mother like son?
- Montessori-Inspired Toys – If you’re interested in Montessori learning for your kids, this is a comprehensive list of items almost all available via Amazon Prime!
Zero Waste Supplies / Stocking Stuffers
- Reusable Grocery Shopping Kit – This is close to the exact set that we have been using to grocery shop with for the past year and a half, we highly recommend it!
- Bamboo Portable Cutlery – Great for using at work or when traveling so you don’t have to opt for the plastic cutlery commonly offered at dining halls and lunch restaurants. Could make another great stocking stuffer!
- Bees Wrap – Great for anyone who loves to cook or bake. SO many baking recipes call for plastic wrap (chilling dough, etc.) and this is a great reusable alternative.
- Collapsible Stainless Steel Straw Keychain – This is a good gift for coworkers, especially the coworkers you frequently attend happy hours with!
Zero Waste Books
If you know someone who is curious about trying a lower waste lifestyle, the below books could serve as valuable resources!
Kait is the founder and editor of A Clean Bee. She is passionate about discovering natural, eco-friendly, and sustainable ways to clean and organize her home. Kait has been featured in online publications such as NBC News, Oprah Magazine, BuzzFeed and PopSugar for her expertise in natural cleaning techniques. She enjoys spending her off-time outside in her garden with her husband and their two small boys.