Whenever people come to my house, I stress about the baseboards. They’re easy to forget, but they make a space feel so clean when adequately dusted. Clean baseboards make the whole room look clean and fresh again.
But baseboards can be a literal pain to clean. After spending too much time on my hands and knees trying to get my baseboards to look presentable, I realized there must be a better way. Here is how to clean baseboards without kneeling.
Dusting Baseboards Without Bending Over
The most significant contributor to dirty baseboards — at least in my house — is dust. The good news is there are several different ways to dust your baseboards without bending over and straining your back and knees.
- Material: The bristles are made of 70% plastic and 30% horse hair, NOT pure horse hair. The bristles of this combination are soft and durable, and have better adsorption effect and can prevent scoring…
- The standard inner diameter of the interface is 32mm/1.25inch and can be used universally with European vacuum cleaners and can be used on most 1.26-inch household vacuum cleaners. The hair length is…
- It’s a must have for dusting anything with your vacuum hose–blinds, baseboards, molding, ceiling fan , return air vents, any kind of furniture or doors with decorative grooves, regular wood…
Vacuums are valuable tools for cleaning baseboards with the help of some attachments. A horsehair brush attachment does a great job on baseboards, but any dusting brush will do the trick. Most vacuums come with the necessary attachments for this.
A crevice tool also works great for the lines between the baseboard and the floor or the baseboard and the wall.
To clean baseboards with a vacuum:
- Start by attaching an extension wand to your vacuum.
- Select a vacuum attachment like the brush tool or crevice tool to better access awkward corners or molding.
- Vacuum away loose dust and debris from your baseboards.
- 【Wet & Dry Dust Mop】The Eyliden push dust mop can easily deal with dead angles, pet hair, dust and dirt, and can be used for wet or dry floor cleaning. Longer length durable handle. With dry mode…
- 【Telescopic Handle】The mop pole has a switch can fix and freely extend 32.9″ to 52.6” in length with comfortable sponge handle to meet your different heights needs, it provides long reach for…
- 【One Touch Replacement Mop Pad】Unique snap design – Easy to install and remove, reduce contact with dirty mop pad. Gently press down on the buckle and lift the mop, the bottom tray will be folded,…
A dust mop is another excellent option for getting dust off of baseboards. It’s a mop with a flexible head covered with microfiber or chenille that will do a great job of picking up all the dust.
Microfiber dust mop heads will pick up dust in hard-to-reach places, but the shape can limit your ability to maneuver in the corners of your baseboards.
To use, run the dust mop head along your baseboards until clean.
- SUPERIOR REACH: The angled trim design allows sweeping in those inaccessible, narrow areas. You can easily reach under kitchen cabinets and along all baseboards with a 12″sweeping head for optimal…
- MULTI-SURFACE: With this broom, you easily clean your home, kitchen, bedroom. It’s safe for all floors indoor, outdoor, hardwood parquet, granite tiles, or concrete. You will have an easy experience.
A broom – especially one with short, stiff bristles – can also be a perfect tool for dusting baseboards. Using short strokes, sweep dust off your baseboards and into a dustpan.
Broom and Microfiber Cloth
- Clean faster and better – Make quick work of any cleaning task! Unlike other surface and floor cleaning cloths that leave lint behind and struggle to absorb water, we’ve designed ours winning…
- Get an extra refill rag – Our set comes with 2 XL micro fiber towels + 1 bonus. This means a total of 3 lint-free terry style cloths in bright shades of blue, green, and orange to cheer up your mood.
- Perfect for floors – While others are too tiny to get the job done, ours measure 30” x 18” the perfect washing floor for cleaning hardwood, ceramic, tile, laminate, parquet, marble, and concrete…
Sometimes a broom alone isn’t enough to sufficiently clean all the dust on a baseboard. If that’s your experience, you can take a broom with shorter bristles and wrap a large microfiber cloth around the base.
Tie the microfiber cloth to the broomstick with rubber bands, a strong hair clip, or a twist tie to make it easier. This method works because the dust will cling to the microfiber, while the broomstick allows you to apply pressure without kneeling or bending.
Washing Baseboards Without Kneeling
Dusting is an important first step towards clean baseboards, but following up with a quick wash is often necessary.
Dust isn’t the only thing that will accumulate on baseboards! To remove stubborn scuffs or spills, you’ll need to wash. Here are a few ways to effectively clean baseboards without getting on your hands and knees.
- REMOVES OVER 99% OF BACTERIA W/ JUST WATER: O-Cedar’s EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket Floor Cleaning System provides a deep-cleaning solution for all your at home needs by effectively removing…
- HANDS-FREE WRINGING: Our exclusive mop bucket design features a built-in wringer that allows for hands-free wringing while Splash Guard keeps water splash and spray inside the bucket when wringing or…
- WASHABLE & REUSABLE MOP REFILLS: The EasyWring Microfiber Mop Head can be machine washed and reused! Keep an extra refill handy for the next mess. Compatible with the Easy Wring Mop Refill
A spin mop is an excellent option for cleaning baseboards because the spinning mechanism will remove excess moisture that might otherwise oversaturate the wood or the wall. The circular microfiber head will scrub any mess sticking to your baseboards with any chosen cleaning solution.
Fill the bucket side of your spin mop with your chosen cleaning solution. Dip the mop in the cleaning solution and spin to remove excess moisture. Run the mop along your baseboards and repeat as needed.
- BASEBOARD BUDDY– As Seen On Tv Baseboard Cleaner Tool – The fast and easy way to clean your baseboards and moldings
- SAVE YOUR BACK AND KNEES! – Your knees, shoulders, and back will thank you! Lightweight and adjustable. Use the extension handle to clean hard to reach places. The heavy duty lightweight aluminum…
- SIMPLY WALK & GLIDE! – Flexible Head Design conforms to any baseboard or door molding, 360-degree SWIVEL action lets you clean from any angle.
Baseboard Buddies are designed specifically for cleaning baseboards without kneeling. The long handle attaches to a flexible head with microfiber pads that can be used wet or dry, so this is an ideal option for ease.
Add the included microfiber pad to the head of your Baseboard Buddy and run the Baseboard Buddy along your baseboards to clean.
The fastest way to clean baseboards without bending over is to use a vacuum with a brush or crevice attachment. Follow up with a Baseboard Buddy with the microfiber head attachment to scrub, washing any remaining debris from your baseboards, all without kneeling!
Yes. Running a dryer sheet along your baseboards will help collect any accumulated dust or pet hair that may have taken up residence there. The only issue is that dryer sheets are not the most sustainable option for cleaning your baseboards since they are a single-use product.
It would be best if you washed your baseboards around once a month. It’s easy to forget about them and put them off for later, but the more often you clean them, the easier they will be to clean. Regular monthly cleanings will prevent dust and grime from accumulating.