I grew up in a paper napkin household. My childhood friends all grew up in paper napkin households. And to this day I cannot think of a family (aside from my own) that I know personally that uses cloth napkins on an everyday basis.
Because of this, I had no clue how to incorporate cloth napkins into my family’s daily life as an adult. I started considering a switch to cloth napkins when I was dipping my toe into the zero waste lifestyle waters.
But I had questions…
- How do you remove stains?
- Do you have to wash them every single night?
- Do you have to iron them every week?
- Do people also let their small messy kids use cloth napkins?
- How does it all work?
I still don’t know exactly how others do it, but I know how we do it – if you are currently in the stage where you’re curious about making the switch to cloth napkins but aren’t sure how, then I hope this episode is a helpful resource to get you started.
What You’ll Learn
- My cloth napkin system
- Cloth napkin storage ideas
- How to save time on cleaning
- Stain removal tips
- My thoughts on ironing
- Cloth napkin styles I recommend for everyday family use