I am constantly experimenting with face and body oils. I started with coconut oil (too thick!) and have become more adventurous ever since. After a lot of trial and error, here are a few of my simple favorites.
Favorite Face and Body Oils
rosehip + jojoba oil
- At night I use a mixture of 1 part rosehip oil and 2 parts jojoba oil on my face and neck
- I don’t typically use this for daytime (application is a little too thick) but sometimes I’ll dab on cheek bones and temples to make my skin appear dewy
- If you have a hard time finding jojoba oil I have read that argan oil can be used as a substitute
tea tree oil
- I put a drop or two on a q-tip and apply to my breakouts
- If it’s a bad breakout then at night I’ll create a paste out of baking soda and water and let that sit until fully dry (or overnight) and THEN apply tea tree oil
avocado oil (or grapeseed oil)
- For a long time I used coconut oil as body moisturizer but I couldn’t stand how it sat on top of my skin, never fully rubbing in (here is a list of the ways I actually use coconut oil) – avocado and grapeseed oil are more absorbant
- Avocado and grapeseed make for easy and accessible body oils but my ultimate favorite is this body butter recipe
If you’re interested in more oil recipes I recommend that you check out Crunchy Betty’s post about simple homemade 3 ingredient facial oil moisturizers. There are so many combinations to try!
Like what you see?
Subscribe and receive a PDF copy of my daily cleaning checklist + weekly tips on how to live a cleaner life!